Nelson Baker Biotech, Inc. is all about harnessing the right technologies to make a cleaner, more energy-efficient tomorrow. We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Manager to be part of our expanding professional team. If you are looking for a career with an innovative and fast-paced company, join our team today.
WHAT NELSON BAKER BIOTECH WILL OFFER YOU:
- We like to retain our experienced professional employees, so we offer a competitive salary.
- If you are looking to grow in your career, we are a good place to start. We have many advancement opportunities available.
- In addition to your salary, we offer you a full benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance with family plans available, flex spending accounts, life insurance and disability policies are available.
- Additionally, you will be able to take part in the 401K plan, bonus program and we strongly encourage continuing education.
- Because we believe in balancing your work life and your home life, you will also receive 8 paid holidays, and paid vacation time.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Develop and update company safety and training program utilizing company approved pre-qualification philosophy
- Design, develop, and implement a comprehensive safety program designed for multiple industries
- Perform periodic on-site subcontractor safety audits. Relay findings to Nelson Baker Biotech management and subcontractor management. Provide findings and recommendations to Subcontractors
- Develop and perform customer specific safety training
- Develop safety auditing programs and perform customer related EHSS audits
- Manage safety related projects to ensure successful completion on time and on budget
- Create and review proposals and cost estimates
- Participate and lead safety related reviews and documentation including PHAs, HAZOPs, LOPAs, SIL, and EHSS reviews
- Assist customers in the development or auditing of Process Safety Management program to include: Safe Work Practices, Incident Investigation, Management of Change, Process Safety Information, Hot Work Permitting, Employee Participation, and Training
- Develop Contractor Evaluation and Prequalification program for internal and external customer use, to include the following:
- Contractor Safety and Health Questionnaire;
- Prior Contractor Safety Performance Data;
- Review of Contractor Safety Performance, Contractor’s Personal Safety Programs and Qualifications;
- Contractor Acceptance Criteria;
- Matrix of Minimum Requirements for Contractor Safety and Health Programs;
- Tracking System of Contractor Requirements
- Work with SD Safety Council to seek new customers and training opportunities
- Continue development of PSM, EHSS, and other state and federal regulated business opportunities for future growth of EHSS department
- Continue to grow technically by enhancing job skills by attending workshops / training
- Three to five years of experience in a related role
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication and technical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Adobe Acrobat professional
- Document Tracking Database
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimum instructions, maintain records and high degree of accuracy