Nelson Baker Biotech, Inc. is all about harnessing the right technologies to make a cleaner, more energy-efficient tomorrow. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to be part of our expanding professional team. If you are looking for a career with an innovative and fast-paced company join our team today.
WHAT NELSON ENGINEERING WILL OFFER YOU:
- We like to retain our experienced professional employees, so we offer a competitive salary.
- If you are looking to grow in your career, we have many advancement opportunities available.
- In addition to your salary, we offer you a full benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance with family plans available, prescription drug benefit, flex spending accounts, supplemental life and disability policies are available.
- Additionally, you will be able to take part in the 401K plan, bonus program and we strongly encourage continuing education.
- Because we believe in balancing your work life and your home life, you will also receive 8 paid holidays, and paid vacation time.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- The primary responsibilities of this position are to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of each project Nelson Baker Biotech has contracted to complete with the project owner.
- Work closely with clients and upper management to ensure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support.
- Assist Engineering with estimating and validating database pricing focusing on General Requirements.
- Generate Preliminary Project Schedules based on estimated hours
- Find contacts in local areas for construction requirements
- Review Owner’s site safety requirements and communicate that to the Engineers and Site Supervision
- Work with all contractors and vendors to assist them in adhering to all OSHA rules and regulations
- Identify safety concerns and review concerns with in-house Safety Manager
- Assist in organizing schedules and meeting with in-house Engineering efforts.
- Establish a contractor pre-qualification program
- Assist in establishing quality control requirements
- Lead weekly project meeting which will review safety, schedule, progress and open issues
- Assure that plans, specifications, codes and regulations are being observed and followed
- Manage all submittals; evaluate drawings and specifications submitted by Engineers and contractors with the ability to make any necessary corrections/changes
- Create and manage all project close out documents which includes, but not limited to, the punch list process through Owner acceptance.
- Review and approve pay applications to Owner
- Negotiate subcontract change orders, input and manage project budget and ensure that the required documents are filed
- Oversee all contracts and vendors to verify that all work is completed according to contract specifications
- Assist in site check out and startup of equipment
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in construction.
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or construction science. Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered if they have additional training in business administration and accounting.
- Project Organization – develops pre-construction RFP package, conducts project meetings, sets milestones, directs work flow to be consistent with the project schedule, communicates project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintains daily log of all activities and site conditions, and manages the punch list and closeout process through owner’s acceptance
- Construction Operations – establishes job processes (RFI’s, submittals, and pay applications), works with the project manager to formulate the project schedule, take responsibility for project quality control by ensuring proper methods and sequences of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments, and maintains HITT quality standards
- Subcontractor Relations – approves pay applications, manages the closeout process, maintains good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project and ensures fair treatment of subcontractors, and develops relationships within the community which enhance business opportunities
- Financial / Risk Management – understands subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, negotiates subcontract change orders as needed, identifies problems early and acts immediately to provide solutions, inputs and manages project budget, and ensures that required documentation is filed including complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets
- Project Planning – establishes overall project logistics, formulates monthly owner report, develops and organizes the field team, arranges for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifies long lead items that need to be expedited
- Project Safety – understands and administers the HITT safety program to include all subcontractors, ensures that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assists in safety inspections by outside agencies
- Coordinate and communicate between various areas. Supervise and train project staff as needed
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations of construction and facilities management
- Previous experience in biodiesel production facilities’ operation and construction is preferred