Nelson Baker Biotech has quickly established a reputation as one of the most innovative renewable industry design builders in the upper Midwest. NBB combines engineering expertise, a solid business background and practical field experience to provide its clients with true, value-added advice and craftsmanship. NBB recognizes the renewable energy and products industry as an exciting new market that includes clients of all sizes with varied needs. NBB’s experience and flexible approach allows it to
work with all types of clients and project requirements. Our focus in the renewable industry includes Ethanol, BioChemicals, BioPlastics, and BioMass. As this industry continues its rapid transformation, our goal is to guide our clients to the most efficient and cost-effective solutions in these constantly evolving markets. We are currently seeking a Site Superintendent to be part of our expanding professional team. If you are looking for a career with an innovative and fast-paced company join our team today.
WHAT NELSON BAKER BIOTECH WILL OFFER YOU:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Because we believe in balancing your work life and your home life, you will also receive 8 paid holidays, and paid vacation time
- A full benefits package including: medical and dental with family plans available, prescription drug benefit, a vision discount plan, flex spending accounts, life insurance and disability policies are available
- Participation in the 401K plan and bonus program
- Tuition assistance for your continuing education
- The opportunity to give back to the local community through Nelson Baker Gives Back events
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with the construction of an industrial facility following OHSA 1926. Provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating subcontractors, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within design parameters.
Coordinate and communicate between Engineering, customer, and subcontractors. Supervise and train on site project staff as needed. Utilize construction knowledge to manage the project and provide feedback to project management on safety concerns, progress, and quality. Receive, store, track and issue materials to subcontractors supplied by NBB.
The ideal candidate will have a background in pipe welding/fitting; be knowledgeable in mechanical, concrete, and electrical subcontracting; and be willing to travel. We will train the right person in our project management system.
Must be able to successfully pass any local, state, or federal background check requirements. Must be available to travel and work more than standard hours when necessary. Physical activities including standing, sitting, bending, walking, and heavy lifting >40 lbs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Site Supervision – coordinate, track progress, and manage all aspects of construction project related to the field activities. This coordination is associated with mechanical piping, millwright, structural, electrical, and on-site tank fabrication. Strong knowledge of piping systems, the ability to create piping ISO’s, the ability to understand P&IDs, piping isometric drawings, structural and electrical drawings. Assure that plans, specifications, codes, and regulations are being observed and followed. Research and analyze maps, blueprints, photos, charts, and other data to plan projects. Participate and attend staff training programs, and other training sessions. Perform additional duties as directed or assigned.
- Project Organization – conducts project weekly subcontractor meetings, track milestones, progress, and quality. Direct the workflow consistent with the project schedule, communicates project priorities to field staff and subcontracts, maintain daily record of all activities and site conditions, and manages the punch list and closeout process.
- Project Planning – develops and organizes the field team, arranges for temporary facilities/ utilities for the site and identifies long lead items that need to be expedited. Anticipate construction risks and provide suggests for mitigation and improved efficiencies.
- Safety – knowledge of OHSA 1926 construction methods. Review with subcontractor to ensure that work in executed in a safe manner. Minimum of 30 hours of OHSA training. Understand and administers the NBB safety program to include all subcontractors, ensures that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assist in safety inspections by outside agencies.
- Construction Operations – establishes job processes (RFI’s, submittals, and change orders). Assist subcontractors with specifications and drawings to validate scope of work. Experience in operating all terrain forklift, skid loader, and man lifts.
- Subcontractor Relations – maintains good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project, help facilitate access to areas and sequence contractors in areas of congestion and conflict. Ability to maintain a consistent teamwork mentality.
- Financial Risk Management – ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understands subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identifies problems early and acts immediately to provide solutions. Evaluate the risks and anticipate costs related to construction; and provide suggestions for improvements to save time and money.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ industry experience.
KNOWLEDGE BASED SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office Products experience desirable
- Bluebeam experience desirable
- Document Tracking Database experience desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication and technical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimum instruction
- Ability to maintain accurate records