Nelson Baker Biotech, Inc. is all about harnessing the right technologies to make a cleaner, more energy-efficient tomorrow. We are currently seeking a Site Superintendent to be part of our expanding professional team. If you are looking for a career with an innovative and fast-paced company join our team today.
WHAT NELSON ENGINEERING WILL OFFER YOU:
- We like to retain our experienced professional employees, so we offer a competitive salary.
- If you are looking to grow in your career, we have many advancement opportunities available.
- In addition to your salary, we offer you a full benefits package including: medical and dental insurance with family plans available, prescription drug benefit, a vision discount plan, flex spending accounts, life insurance and disability policies are available.
- Additionally, you will be able to take part in the 401K plan, bonus program and we strongly encourage continuing education.
- Because we believe in balancing your work life and your home life, you will also receive 8 paid holidays, and paid vacation time.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- The primary responsibilities of this position are to coordinate, plan, and supervise subcontractors and/or craft activities ensuring adherence to plans and specifications; enforce site safety; and provide contractor quality control. Candidate must be able to understand the project and proactively mitigate any issues that impact schedule and cost. Candidate must have the ability to support multiple projects and tasks in multiple locations and possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project including coordinating workers, material, and equipment; ensuring that construction specifications are being followed; enforcing safety programs and guidelines; and making certain that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Plan and organize technical projects from conception to completion. Coordinate and communicate between various areas. Supervise and train project staff as needed. Utilize engineering knowledge for project management. Estimate timelines and schedules. Anticipate risks and costs related to the technical aspects of the project.
- Participate in preconstruction conferences
- Ccoordinate, schedule and manage all aspects of construction projects related to the field activities
Assure that plans, specifications codes and regulations are being observed and followed
Manage all submittals; evaluate drawings and specifications submitted by architects, engineers and contractors with the ability to make any necessary corrections/changes
Have the ability to build and update weekly project schedules
Researches and analyzes maps, blueprints, photos, charts, and other data to plan projects
Must be able to successfully pass any local, state or federal background check requirements
Must be available to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
Participate and attend staff training, programs, and other training sessions
Perform additional duties as directed or assigned
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in biodiesel construction.
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or construction science. Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered if they have additional training in business administration and accounting.
- Project Organization – develops pre-construction RFP package, conducts project meetings, sets milestones, directs work flow to be consistent with the project schedule, communicates project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintains daily log of all activities and site conditions, and manages the punch list and closeout process through owner’s acceptance
- Construction Operations – establishes job processes (RFI’s, submittals, and pay applications), works with the project manager to formulate the project schedule, take responsibility for project quality control by ensuring proper methods and sequences of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments, and maintains HITT quality standards
- Subcontractor Relations – approves pay applications, manages the closeout process, maintains good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project and ensures fair treatment of subcontractors, and develops relationships within the community which enhance business opportunities
- Financial / Risk Management – understands subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, negotiates subcontract change orders as needed, identifies problems early and acts immediately to provide solutions, inputs and manages project budget, and ensures that required documentation is filed including complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets
- Project Planning – establishes overall project logistics, formulates monthly owner report, develops and organizes the field team, arranges for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifies long lead items that need to be expedited
- Project Safety – understands and administers the HITT safety program to include all subcontractors, ensures that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assists in safety inspections by outside agencies
- Coordinate and communicate between various areas. Supervise and train project staff as needed
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations of construction and facilities management
- Previous experience in biodiesel production facilities’ operation and construction is preferred